Startup Hiring: The 4th Industrial Revolution
It's time to start training your people. Training hard to stay relevant and strong professionally.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is coming. (Check this post by the World Economic Forum out.)
To define this in simple terms, we're talking:
- Second order technology (Technology built to build new technology)
- Businesses driven by artificial intelligence far more than human intelligence
- An Internet of Things and a proliferation of Machine-to-machine communication and business
Future careers are going to increasingly based on higher order capabilities vs. purely functional skills. Startups will need folks who are:
2) Great at problem definition and solving, and
3) Overall flexible/ready for change...
Only with a team with this mix of skills can a startup expect great opportunities and potential success in 2020 and beyond. Do check this other WEF note on the change in P0 skill-sets from 2015 -> 2020.
Let's look forward to up-skilling ourselves, and hope to be part of solving some big, long-term, global problems.
P.S: I titled this "The 4th" as it reminded me of a certain anime character, Yondaime ('The 4th'). He teleports, and is an all-round cool guy.